Hello! As I have excitedly put as the title to this post, this is my first one! My name is Holly, I’m 21 and a History of Art student in my final year. I wanted to start a blog for a number of reasons. Firstly, to see if I was capable of writing about myself and secondly, to use the rapidly changing role of social media to document my life in what is going to be a challenging and really exciting year for me. I am going to talk about my life, my loves, my goals and my aspirations and hopefully, see if I can achieve them! To give you an idea, here are my top 5 goals in life:
- Be happy
- Be healthy
- Be successful in everything I do (doesn’t always go to plan!)
- Keep in touch with family and friends (a really important one I feel)
And here are my news years resolutions, (an appropriate thing to be talking about in January) which most of my friends have found hilarious (one even said it was just a shopping list…half true) and which I will be trying my hardest to keep up(!):
- Don’t be awkward – my inner awkwardness is often the reason I manage to make most things worse than they should be. Gotta change.
- Don’t be nervous – this one decided in Sydney over new years and spectacularly attacked by jumping into the jellyfish ridden harbour, amazing…and ruined a couple of days later when a car sized beetle dive bombed my head. I’m working on it.
- Go to at least one new place in Bristol every month – I’ve not been to nearly enough of the great places in this city and need to try them out before I graduate
- Follow the Tennis properly – struggling with this one, still finding the games boring!
- Take more photos – document those memories, important for the future
- Save money – a constant…
- Do two things for charity
- Learn French (not gonna happen….ha)
- Take a cookery course
- Read all books by John le Carre
- Buy myself a treat every month
- Get really fit
This extensive (and slightly ambitious?) list might be a bit too much but it will be fun to see how much I manage! Resolutions are also a great way of making goals for yourself, and moving forward.
So there we have it, my first post. That wasn’t too hard! I’m off to make dinner (food rules my life most of the time, as you shall see), looking forward to my next post!